Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Multi-Platform Game Review: Persona 5 Tactica

 Persona is a long running video game series that develops a lot of twists and turns throughout.  Yours truly, admittedly, had not played a Persona game until Persona 5 Tactica came out.  To say the least, I probably should have started with something else.  I did play this game on Easy Mode because I never played a Persona game before so here's what I thought of the game and why I wouldn't recommend playing this as your first Persona game.

Positives:

1. Battle system- Yes there are positives to this game.  The Battle system is one of them.  I like the layout of the battlefield, I like how the battle system works with finding the attack you want to do or not do.  I like how the game lays it all out for you.  In all, the battle system is done well.

2. Fusing- I like the fusing of Personas into a different one or into a cool weapon.  I thought that was a really neat thing to do throughout the game once you got to that point.

3. Story in the second half- It was honestly really good the second half of the main storyline.  I appreciated how it picked up and got better overall over time.  Something just stuck and it worked in that second half..

Negatives:

1. Story in the first half- Yeah.. that's why I said the second half.  The first half of the story was incredibly boring to me and I found myself skipping through most of the first half of it due to it just not really sticking to me.  I was not in the least bit interested in it. 

2. The Velvet Room- Yes I know this plays a role in other games, but this one just.. fell flat.  There wasn't anything cool to do here besides the fusing. I didn't feel a major thing to it other than doing the fusing of weapons or personas.

3. Sidequests- Thankfully they are sidequests because they were seriously not needed and I barely acknowledged them throughout the game.  It felt like they weren't even propped up to being anything so not sure why they were in the game.

4. The Cafe talks- All the talks in the cafe were something I fast forwarded or skipped because they were not really conducive to me or really productive when the characters talked.  It just felt like chatter you hear everywhere else that doesn't mean much.

Rating:

I wouldn't recommend it to be a first Persona for others to play. I did it and it just fell flat to me overall.  I would give P5 Tactica a 6/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment